Diana Stork, Fall 2018 Harp Performances
Including Performances with Portia Diwa, Laurel North, the Bay Area Youth Harp Ensemble, and the Dancing Strings Harp Ensemble.
Contact Diana at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. And check back for updates.
1. Saturday. September 29 6-8:30 pm Diana Latin Harp at Brezo Restaurant in Point Richmond ~ playing traditional harp music from Mexico, the mountains of Peru and Ecuador, the plains of Venezuela & Columbia, Paraguay, and some of her own Latin compositions. Brezo ~ 135 Park Place, Point Richmond, CA. Walk-ins welcome but reservations suggested: 510-680-5196. Info: brezorestauant.com
2. Saturday, October 20th – 1:00– 4:30 pm. Changing the Strings of your Harp Workshop at Harps Etc. ~ for all styles of harps = Lever, Historical and Pedal harps. Facilitated by Diana Stork, Laurel North, Cheryl Ann Fulton, Mike Lewis, and the Folks at Harps Etc. Info: 925-937-4287; Email: email@example.com. 1601 N Main St Suite 106, Walnut Creek, CA
3. Sunday, October 21, 10 am – 3 pm. Community Music Day, Crowden School, Berkeley. Wonderful free event for children to learn to play a variety of instruments and enjoy ongoing concerts by youth groups. Join Diana and a number of her students teaching harp in the “Harp Room”. A Family event. www.crowden.org
4. Friday, October 26 – Sat. Noon Oct. 27. Diana Stork and Amelia Romano, Harpists for Annual Women’s Dream Quest and overnight at Grace Cathedral, San Francisco. California and Taylor streets. Info and Registration at: www.veriditas.org.
5. Saturday. October 27, 6-8:30 pm Diana Latin Harp at Brezo Restaurant in Point Richmond. See info above (September 29).
6. Friday, November 16, 5:30 – 11 pm. 4 Seasons Hotel, San Francisco. Taste and Tribute Annual Benefit for the printing and distribution of Tibetan sacred texts. Diana will be performing during the Silent Auction. Gourmet dinner and auction follows with slideshow about the situation in Tibet and the work of TAP. Reservations required. www.tasteandtribute.com
7. Saturday, November 17, 6-8:30 pm Diana Latin Harp at Brezo in Point Richmond. See info above (September 29).
8. Sunday, December 2nd, 1-2:00 pm. Dancing Strings Harp Ensemble & Friends playing music to get you in the Holiday Spirit. Holiday Festival at the Gourmet Ghetto in Berkeley (on Shattuck near the Cheese Board and Chez Panisse). FREE. Tips invited!
9. Friday, December 7, 6 – 8 pm. Diana Stork and Portia Diwa, Harp Music at the Grace Cathedral indoor Labyrinth. Walk the labyrinth in candlelight and in silence to the beautiful sounds of their two interweaving harps. Donations welcome at the door; though no one turned away for lack of funds. Grace Cathedral 1100 California Street (at Taylor Street), San Francisco, CA 94108. www.gracecathedral.org; 510-548-3326
10. Sunday, December 9th, 10 – 5 pm. Dickens Holiday Faire ~ with Diana Stork, the Dancing Strings Harp Ensemble, and Friends. Festive Melodies to evoke the Season of Bounteous Good Cheer. Check schedule for list of performances and locations throughout the day. Free with admission to the Dickens Faire. http://www.dickensfair.com/
11. Friday, December 21, 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Community Congregational Church, Tiburon. Annual indoor Solstice Labyrinth Walk in candlelight and silence with Diana Stork, Harp. www.ccctiburon.org. Free.
12. Saturday, December 22, 7 pm. Join Diana Stork, and Harpists from the Bay Area Youth Harp Ensemble and the Dancing Strings Harp Ensemble as they ring in the Holidays and offer a Solstice Ritual and concert at Isis Oasis, Geyserville. Dinner beforehand at Isis – call to book a dinner reservation. And for a fun overnight – book a room in one of Isis’ unique rooms. Isis’ has aviaries of exotic birds and habitats for endangered and threatened animals; hot tub, pool and quiet strolls on the grounds. Located in the heart of Sonoma County wine country. www.isisoasis.org; 619-632-2064.
13. Saturday, December 29, 6-8:30 pm Diana, Latin Harp & Friends at Brezo in Point Richmond. See info above (September 29).